Thursday, April 30, 2009

the beginnings at st[art]

An empty space needs some lovin' so that's exactly what I'm giving this one. The way I love many spaces I hold dear to me is to embrace the material explosions which occur in them by leaving things to pile upon things until it is no longer bearable. After a few weeks into the st[art] residency, the empty space I was handed is fully loved and now occupied by 'stuff'. 'Stuff', as in materials of plenty from wood, paint, paper clay, thread, and screws (just to name a few)...are being transformed from something into something else. This is an experiment to create a site specific set for a stop motion animation that will unfold frame by frame next month in the space.

This is what it's all about - finding ways to bring new life into old materials, new dimensions into abandoned spaces, fresh smiles onto tired faces...

No comments:

Post a Comment